- Goldfields Track takes to the skies.
- State Government Grant to deliver visitor interpretation and enhancements
- Everyone loves a good story
- O’Keefe Rail Trail, goes all the way
- Coliban Water System renewal works
- Bugg and friends take on the full Goldfields Track
- Awareness Walk, day 1
- Awareness Walk, in a tutu
- One down, two to go
- He’s still doing it, and now you’ve got more time…
- He’s doing it again
- Funding for Harcourt Mountain Bike Park plan
- Watch and get ready to ride…
- Thank you volunteer workers
- Anyone getting enough sleep
- Bendigo 2 Ballarat in a tutu
- A great training track
- One of 52 Extraordinary Journey
- Brand New Walking Guide
- We’re now on the list
- Read about George’s adventure
- A golden find
Labour to support Harcourt Mountain Bike ParkNovember 20, 2014 in News
Awesome news this morning, the Labour Party will invest $1,000,000 to build the Harcourt Mountain Bike Park.
The Harcourt Mountain Bike Park will deliver 34km of looped trails on a former pine plantation on the western flank of Mount Alexander near Harcourt. This will be an amazing mountain bike park for mountain bikers everywhere. With stunning views, exciting terrain, easy access and support for riders from local businesses, the Harcourt Mountain Bike Park will be an extraordinary experience for mountain bikers of all skills, fitness and ability – and it will be unlike anything currently available in Victoria, and help secure this State as the place to visit for extraordinary mountain biking experiences.
Sitting alongside the Goldfields Track the park will be deliver significant benefits to the local community, injecting $10million into the local economy, attracting 100,000 visitors each year, and creating over 50 new jobs within 5 years.
Mountain bikers living in the local community, across Victoria and further afield will want to travel to Harcourt to experience what will be an amazing new venue, and return again and again.
The image shows Shadow Minister for Regional and Rural Development, Jacinta Allan and Labour Member for Bendigo West, Maree Edwards with Peter Skilbeck, Chair Goldfields Tourism, and members of the local Castlemaine Rocky Riders Mountain Bike Club and the Bendigo Mountain Bike Club on site at this morning’s announcement.
Read the official Labour Party announcement here.