- Goldfields Track takes to the skies.
- State Government Grant to deliver visitor interpretation and enhancements
- Everyone loves a good story
- O’Keefe Rail Trail, goes all the way
- Coliban Water System renewal works
- Labour to support Harcourt Mountain Bike Park
- Bugg and friends take on the full Goldfields Track
- Awareness Walk, day 1
- Awareness Walk, in a tutu
- One down, two to go
- He’s still doing it, and now you’ve got more time…
- He’s doing it again
- Watch and get ready to ride…
- Thank you volunteer workers
- Anyone getting enough sleep
- Bendigo 2 Ballarat in a tutu
- A great training track
- One of 52 Extraordinary Journey
- Brand New Walking Guide
- We’re now on the list
- Read about George’s adventure
- A golden find
Funding for Harcourt Mountain Bike Park planDecember 23, 2013 in News
Mountain bike riders across the Goldfields region, and further afield are rejoicing at today’s announcement by Parliamentary Secretary for Regional Development, and MP for Northern Victoria, Damian Drum. Funding has been secured to scope an international standard, mountain bike park, offering up to 30 kilometres of trails with connecting links to the iconic Goldfields Track.
The slopes of Mt Alexander have been identified as the ideal location, offering the key ingredients for such a development: elevation and scenic views, interesting terrain, close proximity to Harcourt and excellent access. Supporters and residents of Harcourt are very excited about the opportunities such a project will bring to the town.
The project is receiving $30,000 from the Victorian Government’s $1 billion Regional Growth Fund, and funding partners Goldfields Tourism, the Mount Alexander Shire Council and the local Rocky Riders Mountain Bike Club providing the balance of the $40,000 project.
Want to read more? Here’s a link to the full media release.
Keep an eye on the blog page for updates on the project