- Goldfields Track takes to the skies.
- State Government Grant to deliver visitor interpretation and enhancements
- Everyone loves a good story
- O’Keefe Rail Trail, goes all the way
- Coliban Water System renewal works
- Labour to support Harcourt Mountain Bike Park
- Awareness Walk, day 1
- Awareness Walk, in a tutu
- One down, two to go
- He’s still doing it, and now you’ve got more time…
- He’s doing it again
- Funding for Harcourt Mountain Bike Park plan
- Watch and get ready to ride…
- Thank you volunteer workers
- Anyone getting enough sleep
- Bendigo 2 Ballarat in a tutu
- A great training track
- One of 52 Extraordinary Journey
- Brand New Walking Guide
- We’re now on the list
- Read about George’s adventure
- A golden find
Bugg and friends take on the full Goldfields TrackNovember 1, 2014 in News
In late October Tim Bugg and a group of friends spent three days riding the Goldfields Track. As Tim put it to us, he and his mates have been riding the Dry Diggings section of the Goldfields Track for close on 20 years, but until now they had never taken on the full journey from Ballarat to Bendigo.
Why do they keep coming back? “The trail is an amazing adventure across central Victoria. With the majority of the trail along raw single-track in state forest, it is amazing how many relics from the 1850’s gold-rush are still visible. From hand-dug aqueducts, to water-wheel foundations and mine batteries – there is heaps to see. The ride is a challenge, but with a bit of planning, not out of reach for the majority of weekend warriors, and with such a range of hospitality options along the route (including Tread at Harcourt), logistics are kept simple.”
Thanks for sharing your video with us Tim, and glad you and your friends had such a good time.
You didn’t even let a bit of DEPI back burning near Fryerstown and Vaughan put you off!
Want to watch Tim’s video of their three day adventure? Here it is.